Halfway through spring and the writers are getting a touch tired.
From Comcast SportsNet
- For the Cubs, it all really just comes back to their rivals, the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Nate Schierholtz is caught in the middle of the Cubs' rebuild.
From Cubs Den
- Darwin Barney may be getting squeezed out of the Cubs' line-up.
- Here are the keys to the Cubs getting off to a less chilly start in 2014.
- Much to lower case kyle's dismay, Mike Olt credits better vision for a solid spring start.
- Kris Bryant is excited to return to Las Vegas.
- Nate Schierholtz wants to be in the line-up, regardless of which arm the opponent uses to pitch.
- (Video) The players are seeing the benefits of positive energy in camp.
- In a breakthrough article written by someone wearing a cowboy hat, the Cubs' future depends on their minor league system.
- Jason Hammel is getting his work against minor leaguers.
- Ryan Kalish sees a future with the Cubs.
- There are enough Insider articles today to almost make me miss my subscription.
- (Insider) Buster Olney wonders if the Cubs' finances are appropriately boosting their futures ranking.
- (Insider) Jim Bowden's "buzz" talks about the timelines for Kris Bryant and Javier Baez.
- Edwin Jackson doesn't see what the big deal is about him throwing only fastballs in a recent outing.
- Add another observer wowed by Baez' bat speed.
- Speaking of bats, a nice start from Mike Olt might be changing the conversation.
- (Audio) And Mike talks about seeing clearly now.
- (Video) This clip talks about the future rankings, referenced in the link above.
- Former Cub Mark Grace wants to make the most of his second chance.
- The top prospects are providing a glimpse of the possibilities.
- The team's new spring park is giving them a feel of being at home.
- Paul Sullivan on the strange tale of the Cubs' team psychologist, who has now been let go.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Matt Garza wants to kick the Cubs' teeth in. Nice. Ready the pies.
From the Daily Herald
- Mike Olt will get a go at third base this week.
- Fangraphs rated the minor league systems based on impact. The Cubs rated 4th.
Today's food for thought
- Kepler is a planet hunting powerhouse.
- Geologists now think an entire ocean's worth of water exists deep in the Earth's crust.
- Tiger cubs are adorable.