"What is the soup du jour?"
"It's the soup of the day."
"That sounds good. I'll have that."
From Comcast SportsNet
- Javier Baez is on a mission.
- And the club thinks he just might be ready for anything.
- Here's a compilation of Cubs' top prospect lists.
- In what will be an ongoing theme, the White Sox and Cubs are scouting the same players for the June draft. That includes a projectable HS lefty.
- I'm not sure if this is weird, creepy, interesting, hilarious, or something else. But the MLB Fan Cave came up with the idea to swap in Harry Caray's voice in place of Scarlett Johansson's in the movie "Her."
From Cubs Den
- It's getting to be decision time for some late spring choices. Could a trade(s) be the answer to some of these questions?
- The prospect countdown continues with numbers 16-20.
- Here's a photo gallery and write-up on some of the team's slightly less heralded prospects.
- Are you sure you want the Cubs to take a pitcher in the first round of the upcoming draft?
- The team's new infield coach is really hitting it off with some of the club's infielders.
- (Video) Mike Olt went deep again.
- (Video) And Javier Baez made it a back-to-back event. By the way, both were oppo.
- Still, yet more patience is needed with the farm.
- And those prospects have varying levels of fit for the club.
- Jesse Rogers wonders which Cub prospects are "ready enough."
- Ryan Kalish has been creating buzz in camp.
- (Audio) Javier Baez talks about playing second base. I'll say again, Jesse does a nice job of getting guys to stop by for the podcast.
- Rogers also argues the club is better off signing Jeff Samardzija. They've been trying, Jesse.
From the Chicago Tribune
- (Video) Here's pitching prospect C.J. Edwards in minor league camp action.
- Ryan Kalish is looking like he might be a keeper.
Today's food for thought
- Here is latticework in the Florida Keys.
- Before and after shots may confirm a new gully on Mars.