Baez. More Baez.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The team won't be able to keep Javier Baez down for long.
- Jeff Samardzija has no interest in a protective cap for pitchers.
- In case you missed an awfully minor move, the Cubs traded Trevor Gretzky for Matt Scioscia.
- The team is still working on targets for the fourth pick in the upcoming draft.
- The Cubs want a full season of the Junior Lake Show. But to get there, he may have to repeat some work.
- I'm sure it will be shocking to you that David Kaplan thinks the club's future is bright.
From Cubs Den
- Most draftniks are focused on the fourth overall pick for the Cubs. Here are a handful of arms to consider for the second round choice.
- Thoughts on Mike Olt.
- What the Cubs lack in regular starters they might be able to make up in lineup flexibility. What's not mentioned, and probably should have been, is that this is something the Oakland Athletics have done very well to maximize their resources.
- Ryan Roberts says he can't worry about job uncertainty.
- Javier Baez is on the horizon. That means the Cubs' future is coming.
- In the aftermath of the scary injury for Cincinnati Reds' star Aroldis Chapman, Cub pitchers say they know the mound is a dangerous place to be.
- Carlos Villanueva wants to be a starting pitcher. But he's ready to fill whatever role is needed, as usual.
- Chris Coghlan made early Cubs connections with Andre Dawson when both were with the Florida Marlins.
- (Video) Jeff Samardzija is just ready for the season to start.
- Javier Baez' power has his teammates buzzing, too.
- The 5th rotation spot is still a battle.
- The Cubs' offense looks like more of the same.
- Rick Sutcliffe thinks it's not if, but when for the Cubs.
- (Insider) Keith Law has a scouting report on some "other" Cub prospects.
- Chris Rusin is trying to show he should be considered part of the club's future.
- The injury to Aroldis Chapman was like a bad flashback for Rick Renteria.
- The club's recent cuts still leave options.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Despite likely still going to Iowa, Javier Baez is making quite an impression.
- Gordo has some ideas on what the Cubs can do to spark fan interest.
From the Daily Herald
Today's food for thought