A quick programming note and promotion: This weekend will be the last for the "Fan Favorite" and "Fan Foil" series. So make sure to come back to BCB on Saturday and Sunday for the series finales that should really get you typing!
We now return to your regularly scheduled links.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are really banking on Junior Lake.
- Mike Olt says defense at third base won't be a problem.
- Theo Epstein talks about the development of some of the youngsters.
- C.J. Edwards gave another glimpse to the future.
- Starlin Castro is open to a position switch to make room for Javier Baez.
- Castro is also ready for a bounce back season.
- While the spring numbers have been bad, Jose Veras has settled into the closer's role. There's more speculation about other roster choices, too.
From Cubs Den
- I want to hope this is correct. Edwin Jackson might be a prime candidate for a bounceback.
- Here's a group of notes about third base, the draft, and Emilio Bonifacio.
- The prospect countdown continues with numbers 11-15.
- Opening Day is something special.
- Junior Lake is looking to springboard off his big day.
- Eli Whiteside is just waiting for an opportunity.
- MLB.com sat down with two Cub broadcasters to talk about the club's present and future.
- Mike Olt is making a strong bid for a spot in the Opening Day lineup.
- Here's ESPN's National League preview.
- Happy belated 24th birthday to Starlin Castro, who is making progress.
- The biggest question for the club is whether Castro and Anthony Rizzo will rebound.
- C.J. Edwards was full of nerves for his debut.
- (Video) He talked about it, too.
- The club still faces a lot of roster decisions.
- Jake Arrieta took another step toward returning to the rotation.
- John Baker just flat out won the job as back-up catcher.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Beat writer Mark Gonzales handles some reader questions.
- Darwin Barney looks like the club's starting second baseman.
- Justin Grimm is ready to get his game going.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- And Barney is trying to stay focused, despite trade speculation.
- But the Cubs are looking for trade partners before Opening Day.
- Mike Olt is ready to put his injury issues behind him and prove he belongs in the big leagues.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles says sabermetrics are changing baseball's numbers game.
Today's food for thought
- Here's a list of the 12 most obnoxious anime theme songs of all-time.
- These close-ups of nature and technology are really cool.