Weird mix today. See what you think.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about his early impressions of the Cubs' pitching staff.
- Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus is drooling over the Cubs' prospects. Here's a direct link to his salivation.
- Starlin Castro is looking forward to playing with, rather than being replaced by, Javier Baez.
- Mike Olt is regaining his confidence and power.
- Hiring Ted Lilly gives the Cubs some much-needed attitude.
- Theo Epstein wants Cubs fans to have an annual feast.
- James Russell expects to bounce back in a rebuilt bullpen.
- Tom Ricketts wants Sammy Sosa to return to the Cubs.
- Ricketts is also "ready" for gay players in baseball.
From Cubs Den
- The prospect countdown continues with numbers 26-30.
- Mike Olt could be the Cubs' first prospect domino.
- There's more to Eric Jokisch than "just" a minor league no-hitter.
- (Video) Justin Grimm talks about his spring progress.
- (Video) Javier Baez will be known for his bat, but the kid can chase 'em down on D, too.
- George Springer is expected to help out the Astros this season. But Jonathan Mayo thinks Albert Almora is a better bet, long-term.
- NRI outfielder Casper Wells is always thinking about... pitching.
- Jesse Rogers' chat wrap talks about lessons learned from Brett Jackson and Josh Vitters.
- (Insider) I'm not sure who (or whom) but at least one Cub prospect made the "most blocked" list.
- The Cubs are showing they trust Anthony Rizzo.
- CJ Edwards is gaining respect and weight.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Jake Arrieta is back on the mound and hasn't ruled out being ready for the start of the season.
- Mark Gonzales takes on a mailbag.
- (Video) Ted Lilly allowed Jed Hoyer, his new boss, to talk about Ted Lilly.
- (Video) Kyle Hendricks said his last start was just one of those days.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about working with young players.
- Tom Ricketts gave a long interview and said he wants to win as much as anybody.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Groundbreaking for Wrigley Field was 100 years ago Tuesday.
- There is no shortstop rivalry between Starlin Castro and Javier Baez. I did like Gordo's reference to Ryan Theriot's "gauntlet."
From the Daily Herald
- Nothing useful.
- Fangraphs thinks Anthony Rizzo can break out this season.
Today's food for thought
- NASA is planning a robotic mission to Europa to search for life.
- You can explore more than 3,000 miles of tunnels underneath Montreal.