Hmmm. Not sure which topic is the blowup topic today.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Theo Epstein's plan won't bank on the Ricketts family selling minority shares of the club.
- Javier Baez is scuffling at Triple-A Iowa. The club wants to see how he responds to adversity.
- Ricky Renteria is backing Jose Veras as his closer.
- Is Starlin Castro back to his old self?
From Cubs Den
- Some notes look at Larry Bowa's thoughts on Starlin Castro, more platooning, and more.
- Many Cub fans wrung their hands at Ryan Dempster for foiling a deal that would have sent him to the Atlanta Braves. But did that turn out to be a blessing in disguise?
- Whether you call it swag, groove, or something else, Starlin may be getting "it" back.
- Ricky Renteria is sticking with platoons. For now.
- An ejection was a learning experience for Javier Baez.
- Mike Olt is scuffling at the plate, but he's sure enjoying watching UConn basketball.
- This mlb.com writer thinks Dan Vogelbach has a bright and powerful future.
- Junior Lake is frustrated by a lack of playing time. Gotta earn it, Junior.
- Starlin Castro has got his "feeling" back.
- Here's how the Cubs really ended up with Emilio Bonifacio.
- Mike Olt answered mailbag questions.
From the Chicago Tribune
- The Cubs hope Javier Baez is a quick learner.
- Larry Bowa says there's a lot to like about Starlin Castro.
- Here's where concessions first stood at Wrigley Field.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The Javy Baez "incident" shows why prospects need support.
- Welington Castillo takes his responsibilities very seriously.
- Ryan Kalish is enjoying the support of his parents.
Today's food for thought
- This photography trick lets you see sound.