I really wish the Cubs would've played Monday. I don't like birthdays without Cubs baseball.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Justin Grimm may have found a place in the bullpen, but he'd still like the chance to start.
- Ryan Kalish plays all-out. And his teammates are feeding off that approach.
- And Emilio Bonifacio is giving the club a spark they have lacked.
- (Video) Tom Ricketts says they are building a great organization, not that you'd expect him to say much different.
- Jeff Samardzija is just powering through while his teammates look for their rhythm.
- Ryne Sandberg remembers when the rooftops got started.
- Patrick Mooney wonders if the Cubs can salvage the contract of Edwin Jackson.
From Cubs Den
- A collection of notes is draft focused and questions Kris Bryant's contact rate.
- First week questions focus on OBP, lineups, and the bullpen.
- The Wrigley Field marquee is a beloved relic.
- Sunday's win was special for Ryan Kalish because his parents got to watch.
- The Trib is going all out for the 100th birthday tribute. Get all your coverage here.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Baseball's new replay-review rule is a challenge early for Ricky Renteria.
- Here are nine early things to know about the Cubs and White Sox.
Today's food for thought
- These photos show an interesting encounter between a lion and baby baboon.