That title there? That's what we call click bait.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are waiting for Nate Schierholtz to get hot. No kidding.
- Kris Bryant is simply dominating.
- Mike Olt is starting to understand himself as a hitter as he matures.
- Jeff Samardzija's drought is making history.
From Cubs Den
- In a bleak season, the maturation of Jeff Samardzija and Starlin Castro stands out.
- Some Cub fans need to be talked off the ledge.
- With injuries to some pitching draft prospects, the Cubs may find themselves going a familiar route.
- Despite being miles apart, Nate Schierholtz is very close to his mom.
- Rick Renteria isn't thinking about batting his pitcher eighth.
- Edwin Jackson had a bittersweet homecoming to Atlanta.
- Ryan Kalish is finding some success at the top of the line-up.
- Neil Ramirez may have the stuff to be the Cubs' closer.
- The hits keep coming against Travis Wood.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about the team's lack of clutch hitting.
- Starlin Castro is set on being in the line-up every day.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Doubts about the Cubs' offense are escalating after being swept by the Atlanta Braves.
- Jeff Samardzija might want to hire Chris Bosio as his PR man. The Cubs' pitching coach compared his current ace to the Big Unit, Randy Johnson.
- Injuries to potential draftees are shuffling the team's draft plans.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper explains why Travis Wood statistically embodies "tough losses."
- This isn't specifically Cub, but it was weird enough to link. Dave Cameron over at Fangraphs reimagines the game of baseball.
Today's food for thought
- Did you ever wonder how popular your name will be in the coming decades? Wonder no more.