Hope you all enjoyed your holiday.
From Comcast SportsNet
- You're probably aware the Cubs hired Manny Ramirez.
- Theo Epstein says Ramirez' PED past has been fully vetted.
- Signing Manny doesn't mean anything for Sammy Sosa.
- The Cubs are leaving Darwin Barney's future up in the air.
- Andrew Cashner understands why Jeff Samardzija is betting on himself.
From Cubs Den
- Demoting Ryan Kalish might mean the Cubs are ready to let Junior Lake have a full-time job.
- Manny's role will be as a mentor to some of the Cubs' top prospects.
- (Insider only) Buster Olney writes about why the Cubs hired Manny Ramirez.
- Ramirez is just another small piece of the rebuild.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Mike Olt has a connection to Manny Ramirez.
- Here's a photo gallery of Manny Ramirez. Included is him making a phone call on a banana.
- (Video) Hitting coach Bill Mueller talks about what Ramirez adds.
- Javier Baez and Kris Bryant are streaking to success.
- Better pitch selection is earning Junior Lake more playing time.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Theo Epstein thinks Manny Ramirez has high-impact potential.
- Al teased this in a game preview, but the MLB player's association is, apparently, keeping a watchful eye on the Cubs' spending. I agree with Al's take that this is pot-stirring by Gordo.
- Darwin Barney has gone from Gold Glove winner to utility player to trade bait. I'm not sure Gordo has those events in the right order.
From the Daily Herald
- If Manny can get the call, why not Sammy?
- The Cubs have done a good job identifying pitching bargains.
- The Hardball Times is doing a series on the value of draft picks.
Today's food for thought
- Here's how wind and water create beautiful rock landscapes.
- An infant star is piercing through its birth cloud.