Maya Angelou was an inspiration to many. Here are some of her best quotes. May she rest in peace.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Jeff Samardzija is making a push for the All-Star team.
- Rick Renteria thinks the Cubs are playing catch-up with the state of Wrigley Field facilities.
- Will Manny Ramirez become a distraction? At least some of that is up to you writer characters.
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel can't wait for the Cubs' battle with the rooftops to end. Reminder: no politics, please.
- Kris Bryant is pretty darn good.
From Cubs Den
- Shark trade rumors are already circling.
- Expect to see more draft notes, like these, in the coming days.
- Since the prospects are coming on like a freight train, Cubs Den is advocating for the club to make its move this offseason.
- Blake Parker is pretty familiar with Iowa. During his latest stint, the reliever was impressed by Javier Baez and Arismendy Alcantara.
- Like any manager, Rick Renteria thinks some of his players deserve spots in the All-Star game.
- Renteria has been pleased with the replay system. I wonder if he feels the same after yesterday's game.
- Justin Grimm is gaining confidence. I wonder if he feels the same after yesterday's game.
- Nate Schierholtz feels he's making progress with the bat.
- The club wants to improve Welington Castillo's caught-stealing rate.
- Some special Centennial Seats will honor Wrigley Field's history.
- For their part, Cub relievers are excited to see the bullpen mounds (potentially) move as part of the renovations.
- Jesse Rogers says Jake Arrieta is developing into a reliable starter. I think that conclusion is still a work in progress.
- (Audio) Mike Olt stopped by the podcast to talk about - who else - Manny Ramirez.
- Here's an update on the "Core Four."
- Jake Arrieta was frustrated by giving up some "soft runs."
- Manny Ramirez says he's a new man.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
From the Daily Herald
- The Cubs just may be willing to bring back Sammy Sosa.
Today's food for thought