Let's go Blackhawks!
From Comcast SportsNet
- Kris Bryant is doing what the Cubs asked: dominate.
- Anthony Rizzo is sick of talking about Wrigley Field renovations.
- And how well does the Cubs' first baseman know Cubs' history?
- In case you haven't heard, Crane Kenney signed a five-year contract extension. This is patently inexplicable for someone who has been so useless at his job.
- The Cubs are auctioning off a chair Masahiro Tanaka sat in at Wrigley Field. Good grief.
- Todd Hollandsworth says it's time to bring up the kids.
- The Cubs need to find their own "Freak" in this week's draft.
- CSN explores whether the White Sox should trade for Jeff Samardzija.
From Cubs Den
- Here are some draft scenarios showing how a top pitcher could realistically fall to the Cubs.
- The Cubs' brass is still comfortable with Kris Bryant honing his skills in Double-A.
- This article shows the Cubs have had success in various rounds of the draft.
- Cub players are excited for renovations to get started.
- Anthony Rizzo thinks it's a shame the renovations are being stalled again.
- Kris Bryant is moving up prospect rankings.
- But (Insider, laughably) Jim Bowden lists Bryant as one of five top prospects who won't be called up.
- Junior Lake is making progress, but still has big weaknesses.
- There are all sorts of lessons to learn from the MLB draft.
- Saying the Cubs' offense stinks is probably too kind.
- We hear a lot about "No. 1 starters" and where a pitcher slots in the rotation. Here are some WAR guidelines to help with that slotting.
- The trade landscape around Jeff Samardzija may be shaping up.
- Some Wrigley Field painted seats are sitting on Michigan Avenue.
- Shawon Dunston is helping his son, Shawon Dunston, Jr., make the mental adjustments to professional baseball.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Here are eight historical times when the Cubs thought "outside-the-box." Some were hits while others were misses.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles agrees: Kris Bryant is tearing up Double-A.
Today's food for thought
- This video looks at possible roads of the future. They'll be solar-powered and feature LED lights. Think Tron.