Rushing this edition, so think of your own witty intro. And make it sparkle.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs feel like they are putting it all together.
- Starter Jake Arrieta is starting to find his rhythm. Now he just needs to go deeper into games.
- A Cubs fan teamed up with a Marlins fan for an awesome moment.
- The front office is encouraged by the pitching infusion from the recent draft.
- Jeff Samardzija proved one bad outing was just that.
- The team hopes their winning streak provides future dividends.
From Cubs Den
- The blog has started a mailbag. Here's the first foray of questions.
- This is an interesting take on baseball and value, talking about the benefits of growing a career.
- This minor league recap also has draft links.
- Starlin Castro is trying to keep his feeling at the plate.
- Don Zimmer's stories really stuck with Justin Ruggiano.
- Reliever Zac Rosscup is eager to meet Manny Ramirez.
- (Video) In case you missed Lennie Merullo's interview during a recent 7th inning stretch, here it is.
- Insider Keith Law has his complete draft breakdown. I don't know what it says about the Cubs, but I'll go out on a limb and assume snark is involved (for the record, I don't mind Keith or his snark).
- The team believes their draft was a good couple of days.
- Starlin Castro is finding the right fixes.
- Jake Arrieta is becoming more efficient.
- The bullpen has been solidified by some unlikely candidates.
From the Chicago Tribune
- The Cubs honored a centenarian. Finally.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The challenge system has been a challenge for the Cubs.
From the Daily Herald
- Dealing with anxiety is just part of the game for Len Kasper.
- Here's a cool aerial view looking east from Clark and Addison from 1955.
Today's food for thought
- This chart helps you identify lights in the sky.
- A lunar discovery may have revealed the secret to deflector shields.