My dad is better than your dad. And I sincerely hope you're fortunate enough to feel like you'd say the same thing.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are looking for a new spark with Emilio Bonifacio on the disabled list.
- Some are wondering if Ryne Sandberg will be able to keep the Phillies together.
- Sandberg also sees the evolution in Jeff Samardzija.
- The Cubs don't think batting average tells the story for Starlin Castro.
- Mark Grace is looking for the next step in his baseball life.
- If given a second chance, Dale Sveum doesn't think he'll do anything different. Really?
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs may trade Jason Hammel early to beat the summer rush.
- The site's guest scout gives his take on second round pick Jake Stinnett.
- The Cubs signed 5th round choice Justin Steele.
- His dad is always there to talk baseball with Darwin Barney.
- Starlin Castro isn't a prototypical clean-up hitter, but he's settling into the spot.
- Luis Valbuena is in a groove.
- Carlos Villanueva isn't bothered by hostile environments.
- Jake Arrieta answered some mailbag questions. One takeaway? Watching some of his teammates is fun.
- The march to the trade deadline is on for Jeff Samardzija.
- (Audio) Anthony Rizzo joined the podcast to talk hitting and the state of the team.
- Mike Olt isn't thinking about being demoted. He shouldn't be (thinking about it), but probably should be (dmeoted).
From the Chicago Tribune
- (Video) Dale Sveum talked about his experience managing the Cubs.
- Rick Renteria is comfortable with his 8-man bullpen.
- Add Ryan Sweeney to the list of players who think Manny Ramirez can help groom Cub prospects.
- A couple renewed their wedding vows at Wrigley Field -- the place where they originally got married on the field.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Gordo thinks the Pirates' struggles offer lessons to the Cubs. He also seems to think it is some sort of referendum on "The Plan." As usual, Gordo is wrong.
- Gordo says trade talks are well underway.
- With Emilio Bonifacio sidelined, the Cubs will use a lead-off hitter by committee approach.
- 50 years after being traded for Lou Brock, Ernie Broglio hasn't let the experience jade him.
From the Daily Herald
- The Cubs are finally making something of their quality starts.
Today's food for thought
- There may be a huge underground ocean near the Earth's core.