The Cubs are playing well. Let's all just get along.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Kris Bryant was promoted to Triple-A Iowa.
- But David Kaplan says there is "zero chance" Bryant gets the call to the big leagues this season.
- Despite recent talk of an extension, trade talks are swirling and a deal out of town looks like the most likely endgame for Jeff Samardzija.
- For his part, Shark says there is nothing to talk about.
- Marlins' reserve, and former Cub folk hero, Reed Johnson says the Fish would take Shark in a heartbeat.
- Tony Gwynn helped usher Theo Epstein into the game of baseball.
- And Cubs Vice President Jason McLeod will never forget Gwynn's influence.
From Cubs Den
- Jason Hammel's name will stay in the rumor mill. And there may be new entrants into the bidding.
- Site owner John Arguello relates to Starlin Castro and Javier Baez by drawing the wind.
- For his part, Jason Hammel says trade rumors come with the territory.
- Ryan Sweeney is making tough catches look easy.
- Travis Wood might see more pinch-hitting opportunities.
- Veteran backstop Eli Whiteside likes catching Jeff Samardzija.
- Jeff Samardzija says his situation is just the status quo.
- While fans fawn over Kris Bryant and Javier Baez, Jesse Rogers wonders why there aren't more calls for Arismendy Alcantara to join the parent club.
From the Chicago Tribune
- The Cubs' versatile bullpen is gelling nicely.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about the fast start of recent first round pick Kyle Schwarber.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Starlin Castro is turning on the power.
- Jeff Samardzija is "clearly" available via trade.
From the Daily Herald
- Former Cub Tyler Colvin keeps bouncing back.
- When one or more Cub starting pitchers are "inevitably" traded, who will step in?
Today's food for thought
- The metamorphosis of a caterpillar looks alien when you speed it up.
- We have the first new globe of the moon's surface in 40 years.