I'm jealous of those who have gotten out to a Cougars' game. I need to get my trip out there this year. Need a stop at Wrigley soon, too.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Anthony Rizzo has been the Pittbsburgh Pirates' worst nightmare.
- Jason Hammel is sick of seeing the Pirates.
- Contagious hitting starts at the top for the Cubs.
- The return of Welington Castillo is a boost to the line-up.
From Cubs Den
- Some minor league notes include: Kyle Hendricks throwing heat, a look at the Rookie level Arizona Cubs, and whether Kris Bryant can help Javier Baez.
- Who is ahead in the race to Wrigley? Is it Bryant or Baez?
- John Arguello went to see the Cougars play. He has a photo gallery of Cougars' prospects plus some observations, more pictures, and videos.
- Some trade rumblings are connecting the Kansas City Royals to the Cubs. Could Danny Duffy be part of a trade for Jeff Samardzija?
- Luis Valbuena has been getting on base no matter where he hits in the line-up.
- The Cubs are taking a patient approach with Emilio Bonifacio's strained oblique.
- Manny Ramirez is about to find out what baseball life is like in Iowa.
- Rick Renteria wants everyone to ease up on Starlin Castro.
- Kris Bryant isn't worried about a timeline for the big leagues.
- Javier Baez is starting to deliver after a rough April.
- To put it mildly, Kris Bryant is developing well.
- Theo Epstein compared the struggles of Albert Almora to those experienced by Starlin Castro.
- Speaking of Castro, Jesse Rogers says the blame is now off the Cubs' shortstop.
- Promotions in the Cub system seem to be tied to walking.
- You may have gathered, but here's another write-up on "the Sandberg Game."
- I hesitate to link this because it virtually never happens. But Jason Hammel says he is open to returning to the Cubs, even if he is traded.
- Jake Arrieta's progress is paying off.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Rick Renteria is plugging away with Mike Olt.
- Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro are All-Star quality.
- A zoning board has approved the Cubs' remote parking lot.
- (Video) Rick Renteria talks about bullpen success and better play.
- Mark Gonzales answers another mailbag.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The Cubs' front office still believes in Mike Olt. Frankly, I'm not sure why.
- The move to the outfield was a key to Junior Lake's rise to the big leagues.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper believes Cubs' fans are going to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.
- The Cubs' recent roster moves are about the present and future.
Today's food for thought
- If you go back 30 years, this past weekend was a great one for movies.
- The mantra "follow the methane" may help the search for alien life.