I'm guessing your "Cubs Dream" for this week may differ slighly from that of John Arguello.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Jeff Samardzija says trade talk won't become a distraction.
- Jason Hammel says the same thing.
- Starlin Castro says Manny Ramirez can help young prospects like Javier Baez.
- Rick Renteria isn't calling for Baez or Kris Bryant to be promoted to help his squad.
- Crane Kenney says all musicians want to play at Wrigley Field.
From Cubs Den
- Cubs Den gathered some experts to do a first round mock draft. The Cubs choice was Aaron Nola. Which some "sources" are saying will happen while others say he's not in the mix. Read the comments and get confused.
- Some "fun" with numbers showed how bad the Cubs' offense really is.
- John Arguello lays out his "dream scenario" for the Cubs this week. Dream a little dream with me, eh?
- The Cubs are keeping their options open for their top pick in Thursday's draft. By the way, the article notes Kerry Wood and Ted Lilly will be in the "War Room" as picks are made.
- Wesley Wright looks back to when his name was called in the draft. Wright was the Dodgers' 7th round selection in 2003.
- Kris Bryant was named the Prospect Pipelines' hitter of the week.
- Meanwhile, Bryant's future manager (?) reiterated the long-term plan for the slugger.
- John Baker and Justin Ruggiano took a trip down Bernie the Brewer's slide.
- Trades of the past - and potentially the future - weigh on Carlos Villanueva.
- Starlin Castro was supposed to get a day off on Sunday, but he talked his way back into the line-up.
- The decade celebrations continue this homestand with a tribute to the '40s.
- Kris Bryant and Javier Baez can fill the Cubs inevitable void.
- Jason Hammel has pitched like an ace.
- Anthony Rizzo barely knew what to do with his day off. After the rest, he looked like a different hitter.
- Regardless of his role, Neil Ramirez takes the same approach.
From the Chicago Tribune
- (Video) Shark says Sunday was just "one of those days."
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Crane Kenney isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Sigh.
- Shark hears the trade talk, but he won't listen. Reminds me of the movie White Men Can't Jump.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper writes about the announcing skill of knowing when not to talk.
- Pitchers not going all-out is a win-win situation.
- Here's an interesting Harry Caray story about the broadcaster's bar tabs.
Today's food for thought
- A newly arrived astronaut rolled some dice in orbit, among other things.
- And astronomers think they have discovered a "Mega Earth", a new type of planet.