The Cubs took two days off. So did most of the writers, apparently.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Theo Epstein says he "had no choice" but to rebuild here in Chicago.
- Dallas Beeler's debut went pretty well. And the kid knows how to make a quote. He says Javier Baez and Kris Bryant look like future Hall of Famers. I think we'd take that.
- What's next for Darwin Barney?
From Cubs Den
- I think there will be debate about the order here and maybe even who is included. But Cubs Den lists the top 6 Cubs' prospects.
- Carrie Muskat is on top of breaking Cubs' news. Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo are putting up better numbers than last season.
- I think Mark Gonzales answers more mailbags than any beat writer I'm aware of.
- Naturally, Darwin Barney doesn't like his reduced role. But he's handling it like a pro.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
From the Daily Herald
- The connections with Boston are very real for Theo Epstein.
- The pendulum has swung the right direction for Anthony Rizzo.
- The Herald decided to break down the best performers so far for the Cubs and White Sox.
Today's food for thought
- Did you ever wonder where satellites go to die?
- Or maybe you want to think smaller. That could get you asking why electrons don't just fall into the nucleus of an atom.