I'm ready for an All-Star break refresh. How about you?
From Comcast SportsNet
- Broadcaster Jim Deshaies learned the glory of the chroma key to wear the weather during Friday's game.
- Arismendy Alcantara is showing he doesn't belong - in Iowa.
- The team is trying to bring the energy to fight a post-trade hangover.
- Anthony Rizzo showed some fight and some pride by standing up to the bullying tactics of the Cincinnati Reds. There are some great, and encouraging, quotes in this piece.
From Cubs Den
- Cubs Den has built a contention plan for 2015. If instituted, you might not see many trades the rest of July.
- Phil Rogers (of all people) sees hope growing in the form of Jake Arrieta and Arismendy Alcantara.
- And Arrieta is embracing his new role at the front of the rotation.
- Anthony Rizzo is grateful to the fans and organization for his push to the All-Star Game.
- Darwin Barney is back.
- Rick Renteria isn't taking credit for the turnarounds of the Cubs key offensive players.
- The manager and GM Jed Hoyer will discuss rotation options coming out of the All-Star break.
- The Cubs play is likely to be up and down the rest of the season. But they are showing a youthful exuberance, which adds excitement and bodes well for the future.
- Anthony Rizzo is now the leader of the young Cubs.
- The pitching competition will heat up the rest of the way.
- Rick Renteria is ready to see what Arismendy Alcantara can do.
- (Video) Justin Ruggiano talks about Friday's walk-off winning hit.
- (Video) Starlin Castro talks about the clubhouse reaction to learning Anthony Rizzo made the All-Star team. I loved the genuine smile.
- Clubhouse construction could begin in a matter of weeks.
- Perhaps the Cubs' most famous "Rookie of the Year" returned to Wrigley on Saturday.
- Here's how a man and a song became a 7th inning tradition at Wrigley Field. This is a history piece told through interviews.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Tom Ricketts is excited to get the renovations going and to watch the team's new prospects.
- With the arrival of Arismendy Alcantara, the prospect pipeline is beginning to flow.
- Meanwhile, the pitching prospects from Iowa are happy to help plug the holes in the team's rotation.
From the Daily Herald
- A pair of wins in a row had the Cubs showing signs of life.
- Fangraphs gives a very cursory mention to Rob Zastryzny in this week's Fringe Five.
- A bit beefier is this look at the Cubs' two newest hitting prospects.
Today's food for thought
- These are hilarious. Take a look at the faces of dogs as they dive into the water to retrieve a toy.