I got called in to pinch-hit on Cub Tracks today. We must be facing a left-hander.
From CSN Chicago:
- The Cubs traded Darwin Barney to the Dodgers.
- Rick Sutcliffe compares Kyle Hendricks to Greg Maddux. Which is fine as long as the comparison is "He's good, but not anywhere close to Greg Maddux." Sutcliffe does admit that Maddux had better raw stuff.
- Having said that, Hendricks is earning a spot in the Cubs rotation.
From Cubs Den
- There have been a lot of major trade rumors involving the Cubs lately. It's safe to ignore them.
- Some observations on several players on the Kane County Cougars.
- Memories of the late Adam Fels from his brother Sam.
- Greg Maddux's Hall of Fame speech was filled with gratitude and humor. Or at least flatulence jokes. That's probably a first.
- Kris Bryant tops the Cubs midseason Top 20 prospects list.
- The Cubs may make another move to add more minor league talent. Also, they want to use the rest of the season to get a long look at such players.
- Junior Lake needs to take advantage of this opportunity to play over the next week.
- Rick Renteria is more concerned with the process than the results at this point of the season.
- Jake Arrieta showed a lot of maturity in a defeat.
- The Cubs demoted Neil Ramirez so he could get some rest.
- Tom Ricketts talks about Wrigley construction and TV deals. (Video)
- Rick Renteria doesn't like the term "spoiler."
From the Chicago Sun-Times
From the Daily Herald
- Greg Maddux delivered one final perfect pitch.
- Len Kasper talks about how he prepares for a broadcast.
- I put this in MLB Bullets yesterday, but in case you missed it, Bill Plaschke says it's a different Manny Ramirez in Iowa.
- Despite speculation, the Cubs are not going to trade for David Price.
Today's food for thought
- Here are some weird but compelling animated GIFs.