Back in the proverbial saddle. What'd I miss?
From Comcast SportsNet
- The epic game on Tuesday and Wednesday was all about the John Baker Show.
- The game also involved an epic mohawk.
- GM Jed Hoyer expects trade talks to heat up today, obviously.
- The Cubs like what they see from Javier Baez at both infield positions.
- Chris Coghlan sometimes feels like it is him against the world.
- Greg Maddux could be a great manager, if he wants to be.
- You're probably aware, but the Cubs acquired Felix Doubront from the Red Sox.
From Cubs Den
- AUDIO: John Arguello chatted about prospects with Jordan Gorosh.
- A long-time Cubs Den reader provided this photo gallery of the Tennessee Smokies.
- Was John Baker's epic night the best position player pitcher performance of all time?
- Tuesday was a night of highs and lows for Edwin Jackson.
- Jed Hoyer thinks the Cubs might be done dealing.
- Kyuji Fujikawa is nearing the end of his rehab.
- Rick Renteria is focused on his current roster, not who may be coming or going.
- VIDEO: John Baker talked about his wild Wednesday morning.
- VIDEO: Then he did it again.
- Edwin Jackson's struggles are getting worse.
- A little rest might benefit Starlin Castro at the plate.
- Current Cubs who could be on the move are just trying to enjoy the present.
- Tom Ricketts is weighing his options for tv contracts.
- Greg Maddux' new Hall of Fame plaque included a grammatical error.
- VIDEO: A couple of commentators believe you should be wary of Theo Epstein's "free spending ways."
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- In case you missed it, James Russell would like the chance to start again. I assume most people know this would be a terrible idea. When you don't have an out pitch, you can't go through a line-up multiple times.
- Greg Maddux baffled hitters and the bullpen staff on the way to the Hall of Fame.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper describes that every broadcaster must find their comfort zone.
- Here are seven things you should know about the Cubs' longest game ever.
Today's food for thought