Congrats to the youngsters from Chicago who earned a berth in the Little League World Series!
From Comcast SportsNet
- Javier Baez is the center of attention.
- Even when he strikes out.
- Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon feels complete now that he's managed in Wrigley Field.
- The Cubs are staying aggressive in their quest for impact talent.
- ICYMI, the grounds crew mowed a Cubbie bear logo into the outfield grass.
- Chris Archer would look real good in a Cubs' uniform.
- It won't be Cole Hamels right now, but the Cubs are officially in the market for a front-line pitcher.
From Cubs Den
- The future is almost here, starring: Javy Baez, Kyle Hendricks, Starlin Castro, and Arismendy Alcantara.
- Cubs Den writer Mike Moody hates the phrase "but it's only a second round pick."
- Jacob Turner will arrive this weekend, but his role is still up in the air.
- Rick Renteria says the hype hasn't affected Javy Baez.
- The visit to Wrigley Field brings back memories for Dave Martinez.
- The guy in the cowboy hat says the Cubs are about to cash in on their farm system.
- Kyle Schwarber is flying up the minor league system.
- Kyuji Fujikawa will build up strength in the middle innings.
- Jesse Rogers says Kris Bryant is on the same path as Rays' star Evan Longoria.
- Even so, Bryant won't be called up this year while Jorge Soler will almost certainly make an appearance at Wrigley.
- Javy Baez' home debut was memorable for all the strikeouts.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Long games are becoming the norm for the Cubs.
- VIDEO: Rick Renteria says Cub prospects are showing their skills.
- VIDEO: Javy Baez talks about waiting for the call to the big leagues.
- The Cubs' ratings dive has put WGN-TV in a tough spot.
- The Cubs are turning their attention to acquiring top pitchers.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Javy Baez brought the fans to Wrigley.
- The youngster is also providing at least two reasons for hope.
- The Cub call-ups are sold on Manny Ramirez as a mentor.
- Colorado Rockies' star Troy Tulowitzki says Javy Baez shouldn't worry if he struggles early.
- Chris Coghlan quietly is making a case to stick around.
From the Daily Herald
- The Cubs are hoping to find value in Jacob Turner.
- The team is moving on and doing it quickly.
- Iowa Cubs hitting coach Brian Harper says Jorge Soler and Kris Bryant are ready for the big leagues.
- Javy Baez and the anomalous dinger. This is a fun breakdown that explains why Baez is mentioned in the same breadth with Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton.
- Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo made the top 50 most valuable trade pieces by Fangraphs.
- The Rays told the Cubs the "Devil" is in the details.
Today's food for thought
- Here's most of what you need to know about planet Earth in seven minutes.
- This wind map explains the storms hitting Hawaii.