After the tarp fiasco, I've seen enough to know that I have seen too much.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Javier Baez and Kyle Hendricks aren't showing any nerves in the big leagues.
- Pitching prospect C.J. Edwards is getting back on track. And the young hurler knows his time is coming. This link includes a video with C.J.
- Jed Hoyer says Tuesday night's tarp shenanigans shouldn't happen.
- The delay gave Anthony Rizzo and John Baker the chance to sing.
- Across the diamond, San Francisco Giants' slugger Pablo Sandoval took a selfie with a fan's phone.
- Sammy Sosa is still in "exile" while Manny Ramirez helps rewrite the Cubs' Way.
- Chipper Jones ran into Ramirez and the rest of the Iowa Cubs at the airport.
From Cubs Den
- The New York Mets aren't the only team with their eyes on the Cubs' surplus of shortstops.
- The Cubs are out on Rusney Castillo. Or not, depending on who you believe.
- Here are some photos and observations from the Under Armor Game that was held at Wrigley last Saturday.
- Chris Coghlan is happy to be healthy and leading-off.
- The Cubs hosted youngsters from "Buses for Baseball" before the series opener against the San Francisco Giants.
- Where do you stand on these five pressing baseball fashion issues?
- The Cubs aren't in the race, but they surely will play a role in the playoff push.
- AUDIO: This is kinda funny. Carlos Villanueva joined the podcast to try and spell the names of some of his new teammates.
- One of those names was Matt Szczur. The outfielder's skillset is one needed on winning teams.
- Columnist alert, but I kind of like Nick Friedell (even though he does mostly basketball at this point). He says it is time for the Cubs to welcome back Sammy Sosa.
- The 6th spot in the line-up doesn't seem to suit "veteran" center fielder Arismendy Alcantara.
- VIDEO: Rick Renteria talked about Matt Szczur and the Cub veterans.
- Finding playing time for everyone is proving to be a challenge for Rick Renteria.
- There's good chemistry between those veterans and rookies.
- The Cubs aren't gloating after their
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- "K"s are going to come with the territory for the Cubs' young sluggers.
- We talk about how starting pitchers, an outfielder, and/or a catcher may be atop the Cubs' offseason shopping list. Regardless of position, the team may be looking for a veteran mentor.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles discovered that Matt Szczur is thrilled to be with the big club.
- Fangraphs looks at how pitchers are attacking Javier Baez.
Today's food for thought