Please enjoy this edition of Cub Tracks to whatever level of excitement you desire.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are looking forward to seeing how their big bet on Jorge Soler pays off.
- Soler's countryman - and White Sox' All-Star first basemen - Jose Abreu had some advice for the Cubs' young outfielder.
- In case you missed it, the Cubs are sending some top prospects to the Arizona Fall League.
- All the offensive prospects build excitement, but the Cubs see a young, hard-throwing, shutdown bullpen as an important part of their future.
- In case you missed this note in the minor league recap, Kane County Cougars' manager Mark Johnson was named manager of the year in the Midwest League.
From Cubs Den
- Patience will be needed while Javier Baez works through his struggles.
- The Cubs are excited to welcome Jorge Soler.
- Jonathan Mayo's Pipeline Perspective thinks Kris Bryant is ready to help the Cubs.
- Javier Baez is turning the MLB season into his own home run derby.
- The Cubs will try not to put too much pressure on Jorge Soler.
- And Soler is just the latest prospect to stir the Cubs' pot.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Kyle Hendricks thinks of Greg Maddux and Jake Peavy as his biggest pitching influences.
From the Daily Herald
- Hector Rondon is gaining attention with every save.
- This is a fantasy baseball article, but it does talk about Jacob Turner. It also mentions "Cubbies" at least twice.
- Dave Cameron thinks the Cubs are poised for a breakthrough. It's a good read... but be careful, it might cause you to hyperventilate! I kid, I kid.
Today's food for thought