There's pitching news, but all you want to know about is Javy.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Jake Arrieta may be an ace in training.
- On night one, the Javier Baez show lived up to the hype.
- Baez' keystone partner Starlin Castro believes the rookie can have an immediate impact.
- Manny Ramirez says he's never seen anyone like Baez.
- Now that Javy has arrived... when is Kris Bryant going to get here?
From Cubs Den
- The promotion of Baez signals the next movement in the Cubs' symphony.
- The promotion of Baez also means big league games matter again.
- These are always nice stories, so I hope you'll click. The Cubs have been active in the community. They've broken ground on a new playlot, had Arismendy Alcantara on a play date, and Chris Coghlan made a hospital visit. Kudos, men.
- Theo Epstein says it is simple: Javy earned his call-up.
- The Cubs' vets, young and old, have Baez' back.
- Jonathan Mayo says Baez is ready to contribute now.
- A guy in a cowboy hat says the Cubs are coming of age.
- With the young bats arriving, the Cubs' focus may shift to arms.
- Jed Hoyer believes struggling at the big league level will be good for Javy Baez.
- And the youngster arrived with a big statement.
- VIDEO: Even Baseball Tonight has figured that the Cubs have a bright future.
- Chicago first basemen Anthony Rizzo and Jose Abreu are bringing the fun back to the Windy City.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Beefing up the pitching is the next step for the Cubs.
- The Javy Baez hype comes with a history lesson.
- The title of this says "Jose Abreu vs. Anthony Rizzo is closer than you think."
From the Daily Herald
- Baez may be making history, but here are nine other notable Cub firsts.
- The Cub bullpen needs some relief.
Today's food for thought
- Here are otherworldly photos from a National Geographic traveler photo contest. Gosh, these were good.