I'm excited about next year, but it really feels like playing out the string right now.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs will be in a position to make a splash this offseason. That could mean signing Jon Lester.
- Luis Valbuena has given the Cubs some much needed stability this season.
- Jeff Samardzija returned to Chicago this week (to play the White Sox). Shark has no second thoughts about his time in Chicago and hasn't ruled out a return.
From Cubs Den
- The way the Arizona Diamondbacks handled Justin Upton could give the Cubs pause about what to do with Starlin Castro. I'm really not quite sure what to make of this article.
- Should the Cubs stick with Welington Castillo behind the dish? What are the alternatives?
- You're probably aware that accolades continue to role in for Kris Bryant.
- Rick Renteria stressed focus to his team after an ugly loss.
- Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo are both itching to return.
- The Cubs and Jeff Samardzija are both happy with the trade that sent the pitcher to the Oakland Athletics.
- VIDEO: Rick Renteria talked about the "specialness" of the Toronto Blue Jays young pitchers.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Toronto Blue Jays rookie righty Marcus Stroman mowed through the Cubs on Monday. But the hurler had high praise for the team's young players, who he has faced in various leagues.
- The Cubs may have missed out on acquiring Stroman, and they were impressed with him on Monday.
From the Daily Herald
- First baseman Jacob Rogers has embraced being a mentor to some of the Kane County Cougars' young prospects. Rogers and the Cougars are now in the Midwest League championship series.
- Here's how to get 2015 Cubs' Convention tickets.
- Josh linked this yesterday, but a Fangraphs' series on scouting made mention of Javier Baez and Dan Vogelbach.
Today's food for thought