Pittsburgh fans can focus on the Pirates today while the Cubs will serve as a Bear warm-up for many Chicago fans. But brace yourselves, the 49ers are going to cream the Bears.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are putting the pieces of the puzzle together with their youth movement.
- Jason Hammel isn't young, in baseball terms. But a return to Chicago just might fit the Cubs' plans.
From Cubs Den
- This was before the nasty hit by pitch that might have ended his season, but this article talks about possibly trading for Giancarlo Stanton and the idea of untouchables.
- Here's another early look at the 2015 draft.
- Rick Renteria was shaken by the injuries suffered by Stanton and Chase Headley.
- Wrigley Field evokes great memories for players past and present.
- Anthony Rizzo is suggesting patience is a virtue when watching and evaluating Javier Baez.
- Mark Buehrle critiqued the Cubs' aggressive offensive style.
- Team veterans say a recent message from Rick Renteria was right on point.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The team is learning a lot about what it has on the mound. There are some decent nuggets in this article.
- Gordo says Rick Renteria's decision-making and growing pains are painful.
- Chris Valaika sees the position the Cub rookies are in and thinks it all looks familiar.
From the Daily Herald
- This article from the Hardball Times is about the truth of rooting for a terrible team. I imagine you're not surprised the Cubs are mentioned.
Today's food for thought