Look out! Gordo trap ahead!
From Comcast SportsNet
- Anthony Rizzo is a finalist for the Marvin Miller Man of the Year award.
- Josh Vitters can relate with the weight of being a hyped Cubs' prospect.
From Cubs Den
- Jacob Turner is struggling to harness his natural talent.
- Even amidst frustration, Javier Baez is learning the strike zone.
- And Baez is part of a potentially powerful middle of the order.
- Anthony Rizzo's "Walk Off for Cancer" is helping families fight.
- Jesse Rogers is looking for pitching hope in the organization. He's found it in the Midwest League champion Kane County Cougars.
- Paul Sullivan says Rick Renteria gets a pass on his record in his first year as Cubs' manager.
- Sully also thinks, rightfully so, that the final homestand is the beginning of the end for some players as Cubs.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Rick Renteria is confident his job is safe. Uh, why wouldn't he be, Gordo?
- Gordo also says Russell Martin would be a perfect fit for the Cubs this offseason. I'm labeling this a trap. Gordo is setting this up so he can berate the club if they don't sign Martin.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles' sources say the Cubs may not renew their affiliation with the Kane County Cougars. That'd be a shame, in my opinion.
Today's food for thought
- There are weird critters in the deep ocean. An exploration team found one that looks, to me, like a dust mop with a sword coming out its nose.