Cubs baseball is winding down. This will be the last Tuesday edition of this season that is quickly bumped down the front page by last night's game recap.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs may be ready to make a big play for pitching this offseason.
- Arismendy Alcantara has played his way into "The Plan."
- Nomar Garciaparra says his favorite town is Chicago.
- The team doesn't think the bullpen is wearing down as the season winds down.
- VIDEO: The prospect parade continued as Addison Russell stopped by Wrigley Field.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs are trying to build a first-division club. Where do you think Luis Valbuena and Chris Coghlan fit in that mix?
- EconoBall looks at who is getting paid.
- This article is just titled Pitching.
- Chris Coghlan is experienced, but he's still finding his way.
- VIDEO: A little more from Addison Russell, who talked about joining the Cubs.
- VIDEO: Rick Renteria talked about the lack of speed and OBP.
- Don Mattingly's Dodgers are going to the playoffs. And even though they took three of four at Wrigley, Mattingly sees the Cubs as a club on the move.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- A Sun-Times staff reporter, apparently attempting to impress Gordo, took the same interview with Mattingly and turned it into a prospect warning sign.
- Rick Renteria wants the Cubs to improve on the bases.
- Jacob Turner is all too familiar with the Dodgers' line-up.
From the Daily Herald
- Kyle Hendricks took some time with patients at Advocate Condell.
- Len Kasper believes Clayton Kershaw has earned the MVP Award.
- The Cubs hope to be as "batty" as the Dodgers some day.
Today's food for thought
- New nanothreads could help us build a space elevator.