A little teaser: look for some BCB news in Tuesday's edition of Cub Tracks.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Scuttlebutt about an extension for Theo Epstein is beginning. Maybe that's because Epstein is committed to building a winner on the north side.
- Kinda weird that this needed to be "announced," but Rick Renteria will return next season.
- And the manager is ready to take the heat from rising expectations.
- The "Cubs' Way" is coming to South Bend, Indiana, in the form of the South Bend Cubs.
- Anthony Rizzo says it is time for changes at Wrigley Field.
- Javier Baez' struggles at the major league level have been fairly well documented and discussed. The Cubs are glad Baez won't back down from the fight.
From Cubs Den
- I like the tone of this write-up. Rick Renteria has shown potential as a manager, but he should be expected to develop just like any other prospect.
- This article is about Wrigley.
- How are you going to remember the 2014 Cubs?
- Here are some minor league notes, include some ratings for the Cubs' rookie league prospects.
- Javier Baez has struggled. That's what the Cubs expected.
- No surprise: Kris Bryant was named to another all-prospect team.
- This article says the Cubs expect more out of Edwin Jackson in 2015. Right now, I think this is a pretty big issue. What, exactly, should the front office "do" with Jackson this offseason?
- Hector Rondon has locked down the closer's job.
- Mike Olt will get some work in the outfield. He may well be transitioning to the "Jeff Baker role."
- Theo Epstein sees Javier Baez as a fighter.
- AUDIO: Jake Arrieta stopped by the podcast for a one-on-one.
- The righty proved worthy of the term "ace" this season. And he's looking forward to imparting wisdom to some of the younger pitchers.
- Coaching is the next logical step for back-up backstop John Baker. Anyone who has heard interviews with Baker should love this ideas.
From the Chicago Tribune
- VIDEO: Theo Epstein talks about the coaching staff.
- Most assume it's coming to an end, but Carlos Villanueva has appreciated his tenure with the Cubs.
- Picking up a quality innings eater would be huge for the Cubs. Gee, anyone got any ideas on who?
- Manny Ramirez could stay on the Cubs' coaching staff.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Even Gordo can't deny that Kris Bryant is a star in the making.
- With prospects arriving and renovations coming to Wrigley, the Cubs have to improve.
- Theo Epstein says the new TV deal (whenever it comes) will be a "paradigm shifter" for the Cubs' future.
From the Daily Herald
- Theo Epstein is overflowing with optimism as the season comes to an end.
- Jake Arrieta understands his role with the Cubs.
Today's food for thought