It's almost all about "the future" today.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Kris Bryant's awesome season puts Theo Epstein on the clock for 2015. This includes video of Theo talking about many of the September call-ups, as well.
From Cubs Den
- Here's a contrast of the Cubs' roster from April to today.
- Here's looking ahead to Rule 5 roster decisions.
- Theo Epstein talked about the futures of Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, and Kris Bryant.
- Kris Bryant will look at 2015 with a little chip on his shoulder as he realizes baseball is a business.
- Bryant's future position is still to be determined. But the Cubs want him to be flexible between third base and the outfield.
- Jorge Soler and the other young Cubs should make September fun.
- Theo Epstein thinks Kris Bryant needs to prepare for a 7-month season in 2015.
- Another mailbag.
- Epstein also says that Javier Baez' high strikeout rate is all part of his learning curve.
- VIDEO: Rick Renteria talks about playing the team's newcomers.
- VIDEO: Eric Jokisch talks about the surprise of getting promoted to the big leagues.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Naturally, Gordo is second-guessing Kris Bryant's absence among the September call-ups. Even more shocking, Scott Boras agrees with Gordo. The logical fallacies are too numerous to mention.
- In his usual wet-blanket sense, Gordo thinks "playing the kids" is a double-edged sword.
From the Daily Herald
- Mailing it in down the stretch.
- The Des Moines Register chips in about Kris Bryant's ceiling, his dad, and Manny Ramirez.
- Pat Hughes has been named to the WGN Radio Walk of Fame.
Today's food for thought