So you've read everything you can about the Cubs and now you want to check in on the news from the rest of the league. So you click on MLB Bullets. But guess what? All the good news is about the Cubs! I've got a few stories from the other 29 teams, but here's what you need to know: The Dodgers and Mets series is tied 2-2.
- Mike Axisa explains why the other NLDS going to five games is good news for the Cubs.
- Chase Utley was warmly greeted at Citi Field with some supportive signs from fans.
- Craig Calcaterra doesn't think we need any new rules to protect middle infielders, just enforce the ones that are already on the books.
- Ian O'Connor thinks the Mets are good enough to win the World Series. I guess they got to win game five of the NLDS first.
- You've certainly heard of "The Comeback" in the Royals/Astros ALDS by now. Catherine Slonksnis goes over how the Royals chance of winning went from 3.2% to 100%.
- Dave Cameron looks at the error that turned the series around and how the Astros blew two chances to turn a double play.
- Before the rally, there was a controversial replay call where Terence Gore was called out stealing third base. Matthew Kory has some suggestions to fix the replay system. The best suggestion is to get rid of the "challenge" system.
- Rob Neyer thinks the answer to the replay problems is more replay calls, not less.
- Salvador Perez was in a car accident before game 4 of the ALDS and then he hit a home run.
- Oh yeah. The Governor of Texas might want to wait until the game is over before sending out congratulations to the Astros. Awkward.
- Leading the Rangers 7-1 in the fifth inning, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons pulled starter R.A. Dickey and relieved him with David Price. Jim Caple examines Gibbons' thinking around such a strange move.
- Grant Brisbee is completely befuddled by the Blue Jays use of Price and wonders why the Dodgers didn't trade for Price if the Blue Jays weren't going to use him anyway.
- Red Sox president Dave Dombrowski would like to trade Allen Craig. That's not really news. What's news is that he'd say so this bluntly in public.
- Phil Nevin is a candidate for at least four managerial jobs out there right now.
- Ron Gardenhire will interview for the Padres manager position.
- A Mets fan was seriously beaten in the parking lot at Dodgers Stadium. This is not something we needed to hear about yet again.
- Harold Reynolds had toapologize for saying that Canadians can't catch foul balls. You know, Harold, the MLB Network now shares a studio with the NHL Network. Maybe you'd like to tell a few of them about the athletic skills of Canadians?
- And finally, Cubs fans partying.
And tomorrow will be a better day than today, Buster. Because the Dodgers and Mets are both going to have to burn an ace.