Happy Turkey Day to all who celebrate!
From Comcast Sportsnet Chicago:
- Thanksgiving Day Chicago Marathon: If you're looking for things to do, you could do worse than tuning into CSN's Turkey Day programming. Cubs, Cubs, Cubs and some other teams too.
From ESPN Chicago:
- David Schoenfield: Where will Jason Heyward end up signing? He doesn't know if the Cubs will fly, with several teams rated more likely to sign the outfielder.
From the Chicago Tribune:
- Mark Gonzales: Cubs minor league pitcher Tanner Griggs suspended. Griggs reportedly tested positive for amphetamine. The suspension will begin in 2016.
From the Chicago Sun-Times:
- Rob Ogden: Cubs interested in Jason Heyward. Dave Kaplan and David Schoenfeld quotes are served to that effect. Heyward's interest is not explored, but is presumed to be monetary.
From Cubs Den:
- John Arguello: Baseball America reports that Cubs may be favorites to sign a Cuban lefty. Adrian Morejon is 16 years old. It might be a while before he reaches the majors.
From Bleacher Nation:
- Brett Taylor: Trevor Cahill's preference is to find a starting job, but he's open to the bullpen. A few words about the 27-year-old who delivered after joining the Cubs' staff. Nick Cafardo is cited as support.
- Luis Medina: Dexter Fowler's skills might be most valuable to the Cubs. The outfielder's on-base skill-set is uniquely suited for the Cubs' offense.
- Chicago Cubs, San Diego Padres a match (again) for Tyson Ross deal? Jim Bowden thinks so, and he is quoted in this article.
- Chicago Cubs Online: Position review - Bullpen. The bullpen has a good chance to be both cheap and effective, says Chris Kulawik.
- MLB trade rumors: Steve Adams writes that the Cubs, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants, and Red Sox are showing the most interest in David Price. Bolstered by words from a Ken Rosenthal article.
Food for thought:
- The Turkey Talk-Line: Butterball started this tradition many years ago. Here are the details.
- WKRP: [Video] Highlight of an unforgettable episode.
- Thanksgiving in Space: [Video] What astronauts eat on Turkey Day.
- Pumpkin Pie the Pillsbury way. Thick and savory.
- Thanksgiving and the birth of indoor baseball. It's been around since 1887. Thanksgiving used to be for baseball.