'Twas the Friday before the Winter Meetings and all through the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center . . .
- Jonah Keri has a preview of the Winter Meetings for every American League team and every National League team.
- Jonathan Bernhardt has a more general preview of the Winter Meetings.
- Anthony Castrovince has six predictions for the Winter Meetings.
- Doug Padilla previews the Winter Meetings for the White Sox.
- Mark Saxon previews the Winter Meetings for the Dodgers.
- Eddie Matz previews the Winter Meetings for the Nationals.
- Adam Rubin previews the Winter Meetings for the Mets.
- The Rays acquired catcher Hank Conger from the Astros.
- Ben Lindbergh explains why the Rays would be interested in a catcher who can't throw out any baserunners. (Well, except one.)
- Marc Topkin explains how close David Price came to returning to the Rays.
- Ken Rosenthal wonders if the Blue Jays might have re-signed Price if they had retained general manager Alex Anthopoulos.
- David Ortiz says that the bad blood between him and his new teammate Price is all in the past.
- The Blue Jays have named Ross Adkins as their new GM. Adkins had worked under new team president Mark Shapiro in Cleveland.
- There are reports that the Hiroshima Carp will post pitcher Kenta Maeda.
- Cliff Lee has been cleared to pitch and is looking to make a comeback in 2016.
- The White Sox signed Dioner Navarro to a one-year deal.
- And the Mariners signed Nori Aoki to a one-year deal.
- Aoki explained that he signed with Seattle for the coffee.
- Cliff Corcoran has a list of all the top players who were non-tendered at the deadline on Wednesday night.
- The Nationals are expected to shop Yunel Escobar at the Winter Meetings.
- Grant Brisbee tries to predict where Ben Zobrist will sign.
- Cliff Corcoran outlines the battle between the Giants and the Dodgers for Zack Greinke.
- David Schoenfield remembers when the Padres GM had to choose between Yonder Alonso and Anthony Rizzo. He chose . . poorly.
- Speaking of choosing poorly, Paul Lukas has a review of the Diamondbacks new uniform scheme.
- MLB Players Association head Tony Clark made some odd comments about baseball revenues before the upcoming CBA negotiations. Essentially, Clark said the players are doing better than even MLB is claiming. Good news if you're worried about a work stoppage, I guess.
- Maury Brown breaks down the luxury tax penalties for teams in 2015.
- Jesse Goldberg-Strassler talks about what it's like to do a re-created baseball broadcast, something he does every year in tribute to broadcasters of old. Included is a link to the Lansing Lugnuts re-created broadcast from 2015.
- Joe Posnanski remembers when Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale held out together, 50 years ago this winter. He also notes how far baseball has come from those days.
- In his last post of the now-shuttered "Just A Bit Outside" site, Rob Neyer remembers Charles "Victory" Faust and visits his gravestone. You many remember Faust from The Glory of their Times. And we can also mourn the loss of another baseball website providing more than "hot takes" and game recaps.
- Fortunately, Fox Sports still has room for a "Guess That Booty" feature!
- When Jordan Zimmermann forgets he just signed with Detroit for $110 million. As Dan Haren aka @ithrow88 pointed out, "rookie Twitter move."
- Hunter Pence got engaged at Disney World and they've got the proposal on video for everyone to see. It's very sweet and Pence's financée seems like a nice, personable, attractive young woman. But it is just a little disappointing that Pence isn't marrying a blue-skinned alien or something.
- And finally, if you think Marcus Stroman is a young talent with the world ahead of him, check him out in 1997 on a Nickelodeon game show.
And tomorrow will be a better day than today, Buster. Beat Michigan State.