There wasn't a lot of new content, but it is always nice to see some of the 'big boys' talk about the Cubs. If you're not familiar with the series, MLB Network will focus on one club per day. Then they'll play interviews, features, and analysis during their "MLB Tonight" show.
Here's the breakdown of features on the Cubs:
- Joe Maddon is embracing his role as Cubs' manager and all that comes with it.
- Jake Arrieta feels like he's found a home with the Cubs.
- Jason Hammel is delighted to return to the Cubs.
- Dexter Fowler is happy to be patrolling center for the Cubs.
- Anthony Rizzo is enjoying the upbeat vibe in camp.
- Candidate for "stat of the year": Jon Lester didn't throw a single pick-off attempt last season. Not one.
- And the MLB Network crew makes their predictions for the Cubs' 2015 outlook.
Short version: they all see the Cubs as a club on the rise, but most see them sitting more on the fringe of contention. But the conductor is back: Dan Plesac thinks the Big Blue Train is back.
What are your thoughts? Where did the crew get it right and where did they fall short?