From Comcast SportsNet Chicago:
- After the clutch 6-5 victory on Sunday at Colorado, Patrick Mooney writes that the Kris Bryant watch can wait.
- If that's the case, maybe CSN Chicago should stop updating this story for a while.
- And then there's story number 2,459 about how the players' union will need to do something to keep the Bryant situation from happening again, this time with opinions from former Cub Carlos Villanueva.
- Joe Maddon sees Dexter Fowler as a player who is "on the verge of becoming really, really good."
- Miguel Montero may eventually say something that will rub someone on the Cubs the wrong way, but he's not going to be shy about voicing his opinion.
- The Cubs will be collecting donations during Tuesday night's game to benefit the Illinois Tornado Relief effort, which in turn will benefit the people in Fairdale and Rochelle that were hit by tornadoes last week.
- Joe Maddon is looking to redecorate his (small) office at Wrigley Field and would welcome the help of The Property Brothers from HGTV if they were willing to do so.
From ESPN Chicago:
- Sunday's win against the Rockies was the kind of game that Maddon says is "really good for esprit de corps." I can't imagine Mike Quade ever saying anything like that.
- Mike Olt is feeling better, but Tommy La Stella is still day-to-day with a strain in his side.
From CBS Chicago:
- Julie DiCaro wonders exactly what Starlin Castro has done to draw the ire of the Wrigley faithful.
From the Chicago Tribune:
- As for the infield at Wrigley, Castro has no issues with it.
- For all of the wrestling fans out there, CM Punk would like everyone to know that he is pro-trough. (Warning: Video is NSFW. It doesn't auto-start, though, so you're safe to read the article.)
From the Chicago Sun-Times:
- Week Two of the season is beginning, and Joe Maddon is enjoying all of the "barroom conversation" that is surrounding the Cubs.
From Cubs Den:
- John Arguello writes that with the Kris Bryant Watch starting to wind down, the Addison Russell Watch is getting ready to start up right behind it.
From Bleacher Nation:
- From the "silver lining" department: The Cubs may be having a slow start hitting with runners in scoring position, but they're doing a lot better at actually getting runners in scoring position.
From Chicago Cubs Online:
- April 15 is Jackie Robinson Day in Major League Baseball, and the Cubs will have several ceremonies in Wednesday's game to honor the occasion.
Today's food for thought:
- What's one way to kick your immune system into gear? Simple: Look at sick people.
- And what exactly is in the emergency oxygen masks on airplanes?