From Comcast SportsNet Chicago:
- The Cubs quartet of rookies, Kris Bryant, Addison Russell, Jorge Soler and Kyle Schwarber, have been thrown into the fire of the playoff race. But they're not just surviving, they're thriving and leading the charge to the playoffs.
- Anthony Rizzo feels for what Starlin Castro is going through, but he's convinced that young shortstop will be able to turn things around.
- Watch Rizzo and Theo Epstein sing AC/DC karaoke.
- Dan Haren says this season will be his last, but he's excited to finish his career with the Cubs and is hoping his retirement will be put off until late-October.
- Phil Rogers compares the rise of Jake Arrieta to the rise of Max Scherzer and says that Arrieta has been the Cubs ace all along.
From ESPN Chicago:
- The value of Joe Maddon was demonstrated in the four-game sweep of the Giants, writes Jesse Rogers.
- Maddon says the team should have high expectations.
- John Jackson also thinks that Arrieta is an ace starter.
From CBS Chicago:
- Dan Bernstein says Cubs fans believe again.
- Chris Emma says they should believe again: the Cubs are good.
- Bruce Levine thinks Kyle Schwarber should be a Rookie of the Year candidate.
From the Chicago Tribune:
- At 26, Anthony Rizzo doesn't try to be a team leader, but he just seems to be one anyway.
- The Cubs, jokingly, weren't too happy with Derrick Rose's trip to Dodger Stadium.
From the Chicago Sun-Times:
- The Cubs who have been around the team for a while can tell how far the team has come.
- Wrigley Field has been a pitcher's park this season.
From the Daily Herald:
- Bruce Miles looks at the changes in the Cubs lineup since Opening Day.
From Cubs Den:
- The Cubs are probably destined for the second wildcard spot.
From Bleacher Nation:
- Luke Blaize teases his updated Top 40 Cubs prospects list.
- Brett Taylor doesn't think the Cubs are interested in James Shields anymore.
From Chicago Cubs Online:
- Kris Bryant appears to be adjusting to the low strike
- Joe Maddon is loving managing the Cubs, even if he misses Tampa Bay (but not the Trop).
- It's rare for a team as young as the Cubs to be as good as the Cubs are.
Today's food for thought:
- Get to know the Premier League.
- Your guide to guides to picking an English Premier League team.
- NBC will continue to hold the US rights to the EPL until 2022.
- What you need to know about the Bundesliga.
- A beginner's guide to MLS.
- And yes, I'm just trolling you all. But seriously, I don't hang around the same websites that Russ does. Come back soon, Russ.