I don’t think I need to tell you of the importance of this series for both teams. The Cubs could essentially put the Brewers out of the race with a sweep. A Milwaukee sweep would make this race much closer.
The Brewers received a gift when the Cubs got permission to reschedule this game from a 1:20 p.m. start to a 7:05 p.m. start: Five hours and 45 minutes of extra free time in Chicago! Here are some things they could have done with that free time.
- Gone to the Art Institute of Chicago to see a special exhibition of Paul Gauguin paintings. And the timing would have been perfect — that exhibition closes on Sunday.
- Gone on a boat tour of Chicago to sample the city’s great architecture.
- Had a special team lunch at Eataly Chicago, one of the most popular destinations on Michigan Avenue.
- Or, to sample some of the Cubs’ own new creations, had lunch at the new Brickhouse Tavern at the Park at Wrigley. (Note, that site still has the 1:20 starting time listed.)
- Just enjoy the extra rest and stop complaining about the Cubs schedule. (I’d highly recommend this choice.)
The Cubs are 34-18 since the All-Star break. The Brewers are 22-27 in that same span, a 10½ game difference.
Friday: John Lackey, RHP (11-10, 4.74 ERA, 1.304 WHIP, 5.31 FIP) vs. Jimmy Nelson, RHP (11-6, 3.59 ERA, 1.250 WHIP, 3.05 FIP)
Saturday: Mike Montgomery, LHP (5-7, 3.38 ERA, 1.202 WHIP, 4.07 FIP) vs. Chase Anderson, RHP (8-3, 2.96 ERA, 1.100 WHIP, 3.71 FIP)
Sunday: Kyle Hendricks, RHP (6-4, 3.29 ERA, 1.209 WHIP, 4.12 FIP) vs. Zach Davies, RHP (16-7, 3.85 ERA, 1.338 WHIP, 4.20 FIP)
Times & TV channels
Friday: 7:05 p.m. CT, WGN
Saturday: 3:05 p.m. CT, CSN Chicago, MLB Network (outside Chicago and Milwaukee markets)
Sunday: 1:20 p.m. CT, ABC7 Chicago
The Cubs are 7-5 against the Brewers this year and took two of three at Miller Park the last time these two teams met, at the end of July. Since the All-Star break the Brewers are 9-18 on the road. That all would seem to line up for the Cubs to take two of three.
How many games will the Cubs win against the Brewers?
This poll is closed