Here’s to wishing for another World Series title for the Cubs in 2018.
Still little news in the baseball world and we already covered Wade Davis signing.
- Anthony Castrovince has five New Year’s resolutions for MLB in 2018.
- Richard Justice has ten “New Year’s resolutions” for 2018, although they’re really just predictions for the coming year.
- Ryan Davis has a New Year’s resolution (and they’re closer to resolutions) for all 15 American League teams.
- And he also has resolutions for all 15 National League teams.
- Mark Newman has ten questions for 2018 in baseball.
- Jenifer Langosch has five questions facing the Cardinals in 2018.
- Jon Heyman has five reasons why the offseason has been so quiet.
- Mike Axisa thinks this winter would be a lot more interesting if 18 players hadn’t signed contract extensions, delaying their free agency. Yeah, I’d say if Mike Trout were a free agent, that would be all we would be talking about.
- Bill Baer made up a calendar to show just how slow this winter is compared to previous offseasons.
- Dave Cameron looks at the signing of Wade Davis and says that while Davis makes the Rockies better, Colorado’s whole bullpen re-make is not enough to let them be serious candidates for a playoff spot.
- The Yankees are interested in Yu Darvish if his price comes down.
- The Red Sox are interested in acquiring Manny Machado, despite some bad blood between Machado and some of the Red Sox earlier this season.
- However, Scott Boeck previews the Orioles and reports that the O’s are more interested in competing in 2018 than rebuilding.
- The Brewers are looking for pitching and that reportedly includes free agent Alex Cobb.
- Cliff Corcoran lists the best starting pitching available, either as free agents or through trades.
- Twins second baseman Brian Dozier only has one year left on his contract but there have been no talks with the team about an extension as of yet.
- Hall-of-Famer Willie McCovey said that “it’s a sin” that Barry Bonds is not in the Hall.
- The Dodgers’ Kiké Hernandez will be riding on a float in the Rose Parade today with his father, who is battling cancer.
- Finally, here’s the picture of Giants reliever Mark Melancon hugging a sheep that you never knew you wanted to see before now.
And tomorrow will be a better day than today, Buster. Maybe there will be some news. Here’s to a better 2018.