Today we have news of a Cubs victory, Joe Maddon’s newest idea, Kyle Schwarber’s epic clout, and brainwaves. I really have to give the Marlins a lot of credit — this is why you have to play the games. On paper, this was an easy Cubs sweep. But Miami had other plans. Maybe not the BEST baseball, but good baseball. Enjoyable games, and looking forward to this aftermorning’s tilt.
And of course we’ve put the tracks in Cub Tracks. Have some Leo!
And now it’s time for the news. As always * means autoplay on™ (directions to remove for Firefox and Chrome).
Cubs news and notes:
Oh, good.— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) April 1, 2018
- Carrie Muskat (MLB.com*): Maddon has rule suggestion for extra innings. “...an extra guy for two days.”
- Gordon Wittenmyer (Chicago Sun-Times*): Will 17-inning Cubs-Marlins game stir more debate over rules changes — or ties? “I think anybody that played in that game would certainly be up for talking about it,” said Kris Bryant.
- Fox Sports: Dontrelle Willis explains why he thinks the Cubs rotation will turn heads this year [VIDEO].
- Tony Andracki (NBC Sports Chicago*): Not the debut Cubs had hoped for from Yu Darvish. “...he failed to make it out of the fifth inning against the Miami Marlins.”
- Evan Altman (Cubs Insider): Eddie Butler did what?! “Two games into the season and we’ve already had weird baseball.”
- Todd Johnson (Cubs Insider): Tennessee Smokies preview – Lots of solid prospects with breakout or bounceback potential. “...a lot of big names looking to make big moves...”
- Pete Saunders (Forbes*): Baseball as an urban revitalization strategy. “...the heart of Cubbie fandom lies in its connection to place.”
Food for thought:
No fooling – Tomorrow, April 1st, I’ll make my next science flyby over #Jupiter’s cloud tops. Closest approach is at 3:42am PT. Follow along with @nasa_eyes (free app req) https://t.co/j2k2OT4dGf pic.twitter.com/6hnT48Tox6— NASA's Juno Mission (@NASAJuno) March 31, 2018
Thanks for reading.