Three Cubs will be representing Chicago in the 2018 All-Star Game, and in a surprise change of pace none of them are named Bryant or Rizzo. Jon Lester, Javier Baez, and Willson Contreras will be repping the team in the big game, with Kyle Schwarber also heading to Washington to show off his swing in the Home Run Derby.
With teams all taking the coming week off, it seemed like an ideal time to look ahead to the big All-Star showdown and give folks a chance to make their best guesses about what big milestones will happen first at the game.
So, without further ado, let’s look at the categories.
- Who will win the Home Run Derby (this one will be a tough call for Cubs fans!)
- How many home runs will the winner hit?
- Who will hit the first home run in the ASG?
- Which batter will strike out first?
- Which player will make an error?
- Which player will feature in their own ridiculous non-play moment (ie: Nelson Crus posing for a photo with Joe West)?
- How many times will the broadcasters mention Stanton and Judge skipping the Home Run Derby?
- How many pitchers will the NL team use?
- Which team will win the game?
Copy this list, then head over to the FanPosts section and select “New FanPost” on the left to make your own best guesses, then tune in on Tuesday for the big game (or Monday for the Home Run Derby) to see how many you got right.