Well, just when you thought Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez had counted themselves out of the running to purchase the New York Mets, a new report has surfaced that indicates the power couple are still very interested in buying themselves a major league club.
According to Sean Keeley — who among other things truly loves to make puns with JLo song titles — reports that the pair were back at JPMorgan Chase recently taking a new approach to the financing. This time they have the added bonus of the inclusion of SNY (the Mets home broadcast network) in the deal.
Whether this will prove to be the perfect time for the pair to buy, with the Wilpons likely looking to unload as they continue to lose money, remains to be seen.
- The Daily Mail reporter Matt Hughes shares that Premiere League will be using piped in noise for games, could MLB follow suit?
- Anthony Fenech takes a look back at Armando Galarraga’s perfect game 10 years later.
- This past week saw dozens of minor league players released, Harry Schulman spotlights the Giants’ Brandon Lawson.
- The Angels need more time to deliver their stadium plan, according to Bill Shaikin.
- Over at The Washington Post, Barry Svrluga takes a look at the more human aspect of no baseball: player missing their teammates.
- The MLB and MLBPA need to come to an agreement, and Tom Verducci explains why it has never been more viral.
- No shocker here:
Who is the worst comissioner in the 4 major sports?— David Kaplan (@thekapman) May 29, 2020
- It seems like a lot of former players are sharing their opinions on the current negotiations, and Doug Glanville explains both perspectives on whether to play or not to play.
- In lighter fare, Nicole Auerbach provides some tremendous backstory on the baseball episode of Schitt’s Creek. (The Athletic subscription required.)
- The Rays stepped in for a pair of fans who had to cancel their wedding plans.
Ashley and Ron had to cancel their wedding because of COVID-19 safety— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) May 31, 2020
So, we decided to step in and help them out to give them a fairy tale wedding, with a Rays twist pic.twitter.com/hvhtssW8qe
And tomorrow will be a better day than today, Buster. Make it so.